- Edited by Norris J. Lacy
- with translations by Carol J. Chase, Rupert T. Pickens, Samuel N. Rosenberg, Carleton W. Carroll, Roberta L. Krueger, William W. Kibler, E. Jane Burns, Norris J. Lacy, and Martha Asher
- (Series: Garland Reference Library of the Humanities, 1770)
- New York and London: Garland [now Routledge], 2000
- xviii + 430 pages
- Hardcover: ISBN-10 1138135623
- Hardcover: ISBN-13 978-1138135628
- Paperback: ISBN-10 0-8153-3419-2
- Paperback: ISBN-13 978-0815334194
From the back cover
“The Lancelot-Grail Reader showcases in a single volume significant episodes from Garland’s complete five-volume translation of the Vulgate and Post-Vulgate Cycles of Arthurian romance. [See material on the present website about this Lancelot-Grail translation—published in a 5-volume hardcover edition in 1992-1996, and in a 10-volume paperback edition in 2010.]
“Dating from the early 13th century, the Vulgate Cycle relates the entire course of Arthurian legend, from the early history of the Grail to Arthur’s death. The five component romances, written by an anonymous author or group of authors, are the Estoire del Saint Graal, the Estoire de Merlin, the huge Lancelot propre, the Queste del Saint Graal, and the tragic conclusion, the Mort Artu.”
Other Lancelot-Grail volumes
- Samuel N. Rosenberg, trans., Lancelot, Part I
- Samuel N. Rosenberg, trans., Lancelot, Part III
- Samuel N. Rosenberg with Daniel Golembeski, Lancelot-Grail, Index of Proper Names
Samuel N. Rosenberg, “Translating the Prose Lancelot.” In “Moult a sans et vallour”: Studies in Medieval French Literature in Honor of William W. Kibler, ed. Monica L. Wright, Norris J. Lacy, and Rupert T. Pickens (Amsterdam: Rodopi, 2012), 357-366.
Samuel N. Rosenberg, “Bliocadran” [translation of the Bliocadran Prologue to Chrétien de Troyes, Perceval, as edited by Lenora D. Wolfgang]. Online publication (The Camelot Project, University of Rochester, 2008): https://d.lib.rochester.edu/camelot/text/bliocadran .
Patricia Terry, Samuel N. Rosenberg, and Judith Jaidinger, Lancelot and the Lord of the Distant Isles (2006)
Samuel N. Rosenberg, Critical edition and translation of the Folies Tristan. In Early French Tristan Poems, 2 vols., ed. Norris J. Lacy (Cambridge and Rochester: D. S. Brewer, 1998), 1:219-310.
Samuel N. Rosenberg, “Merlin in Medieval French Lyric Poetry,” Quondam et Futurus—A Journal of Arthurian Interpretations 1.4 (Winter 1991), 1-8.
Samuel N. Rosenberg, “Episodes from the Prose Merlin and the Suite du Merlin” [translation]. In The Romance of Arthur, II, ed. James J. Wilhelm (New York: Garland [now Routledge], 1986), 213-266. Reprinted in The Romance of Arthur: An Anthology of Medieval Texts in Translation (new, expanded edition), ed. James J. Wilhelm (New York and London: Garland [now Routledge], 1994), 305-363. Reprinted again in The Romance of Arthur: An Anthology of Medieval Texts in Translation (third, revised edition), ed. Norris J. Lacy and James J. Wilhelm (New York and London: Routledge, 2013), 324-376.